Soothing Your Dental Fears with Sedation
Fear and anxiety about a dentist appointment can actually become a thing of the past! With sedation dentistry, you can remain relaxed, you won’t feel anything during the procedure, and, most likely, you will remember little about it afterward.
We are pleased to offer both oral and I.V. conscious sedation options for our patients.
In the oral approach, the patient takes a sedative medication prior to the procedure. This may be supplemented by air containing laughing gas.
In I.V. conscious sedation, an anesthesiologist is available for those patients who request or require a deeper level of sedation. Leesburg Family Smiles is proud to work with the board-certified anesthesiologist group, www.Mysleepguardian.com for all of your sedation needs.
Sedation Dentistry may be the right choice for you if:
- You have a fear of dentists that causes you to put off dental care.
- You have had a negative experience with a dentist at some point in your life.
- You have problems sitting still for long periods of time.
- You have a serious gag reflex.
- You need a lot of dental work done and only have a limited amount of time.
- Sedation dentistry is also a wonderful option for patients with disabilities.
While these procedures are very safe, certain instructions must be followed after the procedure.
To find out if sedation dentistry is right for you, call or schedule a consultation below!